I asked a few weeks ago over on Instagram what your “must have baby items” were. Because, I juuuust started researching baby items (it’s been over 5 years since we had a newborn) and I was overwhelmed. You guys came through with your must haves and it’s been SO helpful! Especially the items y’all told me to “skip”. I’ve always said, it’s a bit like shopping for someone you don’t know. Babies are all different, and sometimes so are their needs! We’re pretty minimalistic over here. with “stuff”. Clutter gives me anxiety and I don’t really want to waste money on gimmicky things that we just don’t need. Because of this, I’ve avoided going into big chain baby stores this far, because I just didn’t know what I was looking for and didn’t UNTIL NOW.
I’ve gathered alllll the details and items YOU recommended to this overwhelmed mama. Sharing everything below, some in more detail if you shared them. I tried to link everything I could – but if there is something you have a question about just drop a comment below!
- Mockingbird Stroller – The number one nominated stroller by you guys! You shared your love it for this stroller because of the lightweight frame, how easy to manage it is, it’s sleek style and a price point that is budget friendly. Also worth mentioning The Mockingbird Stroller grows with your family from a Single-to-Double Stroller when you add the 2nd Seat Kit that is sold separately.
- Uppababy Cruz/Vista Stroller – Another beloved stroller brand! The Vista Stroller was suggested mainly for the adaptability of adding riding options for more children and the large under basket. The bassinet was also a game changer for a few of you as an added bonus for a sleeping baby. I wanted to also mention the Cruz Stroller as a smaller version option.
- Car Seats – The 3 main Car Seat’s that were mentioned the most were the Uppababy MESA Car Seat, Maxi-Cosi Mico and the Graco Snug Ride Car Seat. Lee did lots of research on car seats since it’s been a while since we’ve used infant car seats. We ultimately decided to go with the MESA car seat. It’s light weight, has amazing safety measures, the covers come out easily for cleaning and it pairs with our stroller perfectly.
- Bouncers – This was an interesting item that had lots of different suggestions. When I asked more questions in the DM’s about bouncers it really comes down to your baby. Some babies enjoy movement, or bouncing, and some just don’t. Suggestions for bouncers were Babybjorn Bouncer, 4Moms Mamaroo, Bloom Bouncer.
- Travel Cribs – Lotus Travel Crib by Guava Family – This travel crib was praised because it packs up into a portable easy to wear backpack, it’s Lightweight, and it doubles as a Play-Yard with a comfortable mattress for sleeping. Another rec was the 4Moms Breeze Play Yard with removable changing station and bassinet. Easy set up and take down (we’re talking one hand!) and folds up into a travel bag.
- Wearable Carrier’s – Solly Wrap |Wild Bird Ring Sling Sakura Bloom Ring Sling | Babybjorn Baby Carrier
- Rocking Chairs + Gliders – okay, apparently people have mixed feelings on these too. Some of you said they are a waste and some of you swear a good rocking chair for night feedings is a MUST. I think I fall in the “must” camp. We still have ours from PB Kids that is SO comfy and we will for sure keep it in baby sisters nursery. A few recs from you guys Babyletto Kiwi Electronic Power Recliner | Paxton Swivel Glider | PB Kids Recliner Chairs | Nursery Works Rocking Chairs
- Cribs – Seems like this was more of a personal preference with cribs! A few recs were: Babyletto, Graco Benton, DaVinci Grove
- Bassinets – This was another item y’all had lots to share about! which I love, because there are so many perspectives for every family with a newborn and I loved hearing your recs. I’m going to share a few options that were recommended most. Halo Bassinet (this one was recommended most from mamas who have had C-Sections)| Sleeping Moses Basket This was praised for the beautiful and minimal design. I do plan to have this and imagine I’ll keep this downstairs to keep her close by to us while sleeping. Eventually when she grows out of it I’ll use the basket for doll and toy storage.| Evenflo Loft Bassinet (easy portability made this one a winner for a few of you) | Lotus Basinet by Guava Family (also loved for its easy portability!). I did get asked if I would share any reviews about the Snoo basinet. As a pediatric sleep consultant I have my own thoughts about this product and have spent time researching this bassinets specifics. This product comes with a rather large price tag, and a couple of you said you loved the renting option. I will say this, the Snoo has “weaning steps” for when you want to move baby out of it. Which is great for support during that transition.
- Changing Pad – Keekaroo Peanut Changer – A few of you raved about this changing pad! Mainly because its soft and the pad is water-proof and so easy to wipe down. Another suggestion was the Hatch Baby Grow Smart Changing Pad – A wipeable pad that also weighs the baby with its scale. Olli Ella Changing Basket – Functional without sacrificing style! (Which I love!) The soft cushion liner is perfect for keeping baby cozy during changes.
- Diaper Bag Insert – Tote Savvy
- Zipper Onesies | Knotted Gowns | Button Socks
- Pacifiers – Natursutten, Wubbanub
- Newborn Velcro Swaddles
Is there anything I need to add to this list? I’d love to hear about your favorite baby brands and some of your most-used items those first few months!